About The Position
The Architecture group at Zooz brings together Software design, Hardware and Infrastructure Management and Design and Operations and Engineering (devops). You’ll be a part of a rapidly growing team working across the technical organisation comprised of other Engineers, Designers and Product Managers.
As a team, we challenge and mentor each other to do the best work of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to have a truly global impact on merchant’s commerce platforms, from a developer adding payments to the next big app to global e-commerce platforms.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be tasked with focusing on performance, reliability and uptime of systems and services ensuring their availability. Day to day you will work very closely with engineering teams to help design and build globally distributed systems through automation, availability monitoring and performance management techniques, ensuring our mission-critical transaction processing system never misses a beat, ideally making sure no one loses sleep whilst the global online marketplace carries on running. You will have a strong development background and actively help developers make their code better, often working closely with them to mentor development of systems whilst working with Operations Engineers to implement observability patterns across the application domain.
- Work as core members of the Architecture group alongside the core engineering teams to design, build, and maintain systems
- Write scripts and applications to monitor and automate processes
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack – hardware, software, application and network
- Participate in code reviews for projects written in multiple languages
Willing to take part in on-call rotation
Who you are
- 2+ years industry experience as Software engineer, working in *nix environments
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of HTTP, web application security
- Experience in multi-tier, distributed, web application architectures
- Hands-on experience in building systems on the JVM with Java a positive
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Willing to take part in on-call rotation a must
- Experience with Continuous deployment solutions and source code management (Git, SVN) a must
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Ability to lead technical teams through designs and implementations across an organization
- Experience with existing open source projects such as Docker, ELK stack and associated monitoring tools
- Basic algorithmic design skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience