Data Backend Engineer
About The Position
ZOOZ is a fast-growing successful Start-Up company that provides a payments platform designed to help merchants improve and optimize their payments activities. We are an enterprise payments platform that allows easy connectivity to multiple providers globally while leveraging data to optimize transactions.
Here at ZOOZ we believe that data is a key factor to our customers' success. With smart dashboards, accurate reports, and real-time analytics, our customers are able to visualize their global payments and make more informed decisions. This in turn, increases their payments efficiency and success rates.
Our data team is responsible for turning this vision into reality. Our products are designed to scale and support real-time data ingestion and consumption. We use the most up-to-date tech-stack to answer our requirements - Druid, Kafka-Streams, Spark, Mesos, Cassandra - and are always looking to stay ahead.
As a Backend Engineer in the ZOOZ data team you will:
- Design and write data pipelines to ingest, enrich and consume our data.
- Write Spark jobs to process streaming and batch data.
- Develop and write Micro-Services in Node.Js, Python and Scala to serve our data to our customers.
- Evaluate and deploy new technologies to expand our tech-stack and support our customers' requirements.
- 2+ years experience with distributed database systems, preferably Cassandra, and familiarity with concepts distributed (key-value) schema design - a must!
- 3+ years Shell scripting and ideally experience writing Python and Bash.
- Hands-on experience with Kafka - a must!
- Hands-on experience with Spark and Scala - big advantage!
- Experience with Micro-Services architecture - an advantage.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative engineering environment
- Enjoy working with the wider Engineering organization as well as Product Managers, Support team members to deliver the best customer experiences possible