About The Position
ZOOZ a PayU company is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We are building our next generation end-to-end PSP solution.
Our solutions are based on the most advanced technology that empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Our systems are micro-services based, scalable and distributed.
Here at ZOOZ we believe that data is a key factor to our customers' success. With smart dashboards, accurate reports, and real-time analytics, our customers are able to visualize their global payments and make more informed decisions. This, in turn, increases their payments efficiency and success rates.
Our data team is responsible for turning this vision into reality. Our products are designed to scale and support real-time data ingestion and consumption. We use the most up-to-date tech-stack to answer our requirements - Druid, Kafka-Streams, Spark, Mesos, Cassandra - and are always looking to stay ahead.
As a Data Engineer in the ZOOZ data team you will:
- Design and write data pipelines to ingest, enrich and consume our data.
- Write Spark jobs to process streaming and batch data.
- Develop and write Micro-Services in Node.Js, Go, and Scala to serve our data to our customers.
- Evaluate and deploy new technologies to expand our tech-stack and support our customers' requirements.
- 3+ Proven experience of acting as a senior developer working on business logic processes, data warehouse modeling, insight delivery, and KPI strategy.
- Proven experience of more than 3 years with a programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc ..) - a must
- Hands-on experience with Kafka - a must!
- Hands-on experience with Spark - a must!
- Experience with Micro-Services architecture - an advantage.
- Experience with Presto - an advantage.
- 2+ years of experience with distributed database systems, preferably Cassandra, and familiarity with concepts distributed (key-value) - an advantage!
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative engineering environment
- Enjoy working with the wider Engineering organization as well as Product Managers, Support team members to deliver the best customer experiences possible